Ready Your Team for Success
Are you prepared to respond to an incident that culminates in the exposure of legally and contractually protected information? Sage’s incident response exercises will walk your team through an incident as it unfolds. Along the way, we will challenge you and your incident response teams with the objective of ensuring that you are prepared to quickly react and respond in ways that minimize the financial, operational, and reputational damage to your organization.
Two exercise types are offered. The first is an Incident Preparedness exercise designed to start the right conversations and planning initiatives. The second is a Plan Evaluation exercise designed to put your Incident Response Plan to the test and identify opportunities for improvement.
Incident Response Exercise Objectives
- FOSTER AWARENESS: Inform participants about current and emerging cybercrime threats relevant to their organizations and communities.
- EDUCATE: Prepare participants to prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from cybercrime incidents.
- EVALUATE: Provide an opportunity for participants to practice and evaluate their incident response skills and preparedness in a controlled environment. Evaluate adequacy of the Incident Response Plan in its current state.
- SCENARIO-BASED: While fictional, the scenarios used in the exercise are based upon actual events. As in the actual events there may be “unknowns” and it may be necessary to make some assumptions.
- BUILDING BLOCKS: The scenario will be presented in a series of situation vignettes that occur over a designated time period.
- ACTIVITIES & REPORTING: The designated Sage Advisor will facilitate and document findings resulting from the exercise.
Reports and Deliverables
Following the Cyber Incident Response Exercise, you will receive a report including, but not limited to:
- Exercise objectives.
- Scenario and response synopsis.
- General exercise performance evaluation.
- Issues identified, potential organizational impact, lessons learned, assigned tasks.
- Incident response plan recommendations